Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. If you love down home country cooking then you'll find a home here. I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I do. I also have some great survivalist and camping recipes. Check them out. Please feel free to comment, and if you've tried a recipe, I'd love to hear how it turned out.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Campfire Cabbage


Ingredients:
2-3 slices bacon
1 large onion
1 head of cabbage
salt pepper
garlic powder

How to Prepare:
In a large dutch oven or frying pan, cook chopped up bacon until almost burnt. Add chopped onion and cabbage and stir until cabbage is wilted. Add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook until most of the water is gone and cabbage is desired tenderness. If need be, more water can be added. Add seasoning to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment