Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. If you love down home country cooking then you'll find a home here. I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I do. I also have some great survivalist and camping recipes. Check them out. Please feel free to comment, and if you've tried a recipe, I'd love to hear how it turned out.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup


1 fresh whole chicken 
8 cups water 
1 tablespoon salt 
4 carrots, peeled and chopped 
6 celery ribs, chopped 
1 onion, chopped 
1 garlic clove, crushed 
1 cup uncooked noodles

Place cut-up chicken in a large kettle with water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and skim off the fat.
Add chopped carrots, chopped celery ribs, chopped onion, and crushed garlic clove. Cover and cook until the vegetables are tender.
Remove the chicken, dice the meat, and return to the soup.
Add noodles to soup and cook until tender.
Makes 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment