Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. If you love down home country cooking then you'll find a home here. I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I do. I also have some great survivalist and camping recipes. Check them out. Please feel free to comment, and if you've tried a recipe, I'd love to hear how it turned out.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Orange Salad


1 can (11 oz) mandarin oranges
1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple
water
1 package (6 oz) orange flavored gelatin 
1 pint orange sherbet, softened
2 bananas sliced


Drain oranges and pineapple, reserving juices. Add water to juices to measure 2 cups.
Set oranges and pineapple aside.


Place in a saucepan and bring to a boil; pour over gelatin in a large bowl. Stir until gelatin dissolves.
Stir in sherbet until smooth. chill until partially set (watch carefully).
Fold in oranges, pineapple and bananas. Pour into an oiled 6 cup mold.
Chill until firm.


Serves 8 to 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment