Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. If you love down home country cooking then you'll find a home here. I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I do. I also have some great survivalist and camping recipes. Check them out. Please feel free to comment, and if you've tried a recipe, I'd love to hear how it turned out.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Banana Pepper Rings


3 qts. water
1 qt. white vinegar
Scant c. of pickling salt
Onion slices
Garlic cloves, chopped
Yellow Banana Peppers (sweet & hot, 1 to 2 pecks approx., sorted)

Slice rings with seeds in food processor. Pack tightly in canning jars with garlic and onion. Combine brine in kettle, bring to boil and pour over rings. Adjust seal and rings. Put in water bath for 10 minutes. Cool away from draft until jars seal.
If too many rings brine may be doubled or tripled to use all remaining peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment