Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. If you love down home country cooking then you'll find a home here. I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I do. I also have some great survivalist and camping recipes. Check them out. Please feel free to comment, and if you've tried a recipe, I'd love to hear how it turned out.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cracker Barrel Fried Apples



10 Gala Apples
1 Tbsp of lemon juice (use the real stuff)
1 Tbsp of cinnamon
3/4 Cup of brown sugar
1/2 stick of butter


Begin melting the butter over a low heat. You do not want to scorch the butter. Immediately begin coring and slicing your apples right into the butter. Once all the apples are cut up continue folding them over. Be gentle so they don’t break apart. As the apples get tender add in the the lemon juice, cinnamon and sugar and continue cooking until the apples are tender (and limp). Then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment