Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. If you love down home country cooking then you'll find a home here. I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I do. I also have some great survivalist and camping recipes. Check them out. Please feel free to comment, and if you've tried a recipe, I'd love to hear how it turned out.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dairy Queen Onion Rings



2 Vidalia onions
2 cups flour
2 cups fine cracker crumbs
2 cups white corn meal
2 cups Buttermilk
1 cup Water
4 cups Crisco oil (enough for your deep fryer)


Slice onions 1/2 inch thick, only use the larger rings.
In a large bowl combine buttermilk and water.
In another bowl combine the corn meal and cracker crumbs.
One at a time, take the rings and coat them with flour then with buttermilk, and then coat with corn meal mixture.
Drop into hot oil and fry until golden.
Drain on paper towels.



Serves/Makes: 2 
Ready In: Less than 30 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment