Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. If you love down home country cooking then you'll find a home here. I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I do. I also have some great survivalist and camping recipes. Check them out. Please feel free to comment, and if you've tried a recipe, I'd love to hear how it turned out.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Fresh Squeezed Lemonade



2 cups granulated sugar
6 cups water
1/8 tsp salt
1-1/4 cups fresh lemon juice (from 7 or 8 lemons)
Lemon slices


Combine sugar and 1 cup of water in small saucepan. Place over high heat and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let the syrup cool.


Pour syrup into a large pitcher and add salt, lemon juice, and remaining 5 cups water. Stir until combined. Just before serving, add lemon slices to the pitcher and serve over ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment