Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. If you love down home country cooking then you'll find a home here. I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I do. I also have some great survivalist and camping recipes. Check them out. Please feel free to comment, and if you've tried a recipe, I'd love to hear how it turned out.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Poor Man's Pecan Pie


1 C mashed pinto beans (cooked, unseasoned and well done) 
2 C sugar
4 eggs
1/4 lb butter
2 tbs molasses or dark corn syrup
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
 
Cream sugar and butter. Add well beaten eggs, molasses, and salt. Beat in well-mashed beans (that have been cooked, unseasoned and well done.) Pour into an unbaked pie shell. Pecans may be sprinkled on top before baking. Bake at 350 F until firm. It's easy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment