Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. If you love down home country cooking then you'll find a home here. I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I do. I also have some great survivalist and camping recipes. Check them out. Please feel free to comment, and if you've tried a recipe, I'd love to hear how it turned out.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Easy Skillet Chili Mac




1/2 cup chopped onion 
1 pound lean ground beef 
1 tablespoon vegetable oil 
8 ounces elbow macaroni 
1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained 
1 large can (16 ounces) tomato sauce 
1 cup water 
1 teaspoon chili powder 
1 teaspoon salt 
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese


In a large skillet, brown onion with ground beef. Add macaroni, kidney beans, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, and salt. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.


Add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese; cover and continue to heat until cheese is melted.


Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment