Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. If you love down home country cooking then you'll find a home here. I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I do. I also have some great survivalist and camping recipes. Check them out. Please feel free to comment, and if you've tried a recipe, I'd love to hear how it turned out.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Garlic Green Beans




Garlic Green Beans
1 pound green beans
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
Zest of 1 lemon
Kosher salt


Add butter, olive oil, garlic , lemon zest and rosemary  to a large sauce pan.  Turn on very low heat and allow to melt.  Stir well until melted, then take off heat.
In a pot of boiling water, drop in green beans and cook until bright green and crisp, approximately 3-5 minutes. Drain.  Toss beans in garlic butter.  Salt to taste.
 – Serves 4 to 6

No comments:

Post a Comment