Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. If you love down home country cooking then you'll find a home here. I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I do. I also have some great survivalist and camping recipes. Check them out. Please feel free to comment, and if you've tried a recipe, I'd love to hear how it turned out.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Navy Bean Soup


2 cups dry navy beans
Water
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup lean ham, chopped (can use a leftover ham bone or any other leftover meat; remove fat before cooking)
Salt and pepper to taste


Soak beans overnight; drain and rinse beans.
Put the soaked beans, 6 cups of water, the carrots, onion, and meat in a large pan and bring it all to a boil. Turn the heat to low and cook 2 hours (until the beans are tender.) If needed, add more water while the beans are cooking.
Makes 3 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment