Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. If you love down home country cooking then you'll find a home here. I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I do. I also have some great survivalist and camping recipes. Check them out. Please feel free to comment, and if you've tried a recipe, I'd love to hear how it turned out.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Dutch Oven Chicken Noodle Soup


10” or larger Dutch oven; serves 6
20-25 briquettes, all on bottom; cook 30 – 40 minutes


5 cups water
2 cups egg noodles
½ tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. dried onion
3 chicken bouillon cubes
1-3 Tbsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. salt
 ¼ tsp. pepper


Directions:
Bring 5 cups of water to boil over all the briquets in your Dutch oven.  Add all ingredients, making sure chicken is broken up into pieces.  When soup boils again remove half of coals and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until noodles are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment