Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. If you love down home country cooking then you'll find a home here. I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I do. I also have some great survivalist and camping recipes. Check them out. Please feel free to comment, and if you've tried a recipe, I'd love to hear how it turned out.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pinto Bean Fudge




1 c cooked soft pinto beans (drained and mashed)
1/4 c milk (made from your powdered milk)
1 Tbs vanilla
2/3 c baker’s cocoa
1/4 c water
6 Tbs butter ( You can use fresh or canned butter)
5 c powdered sugar (I substituted evaporated cane sugar, and it worked out fine.)
Nuts, chopped (optional)


In a large bowl, stir beans and milk together, adding enough milk to make the mixture resemble mashed potatoes; stir in the vanilla. Add chocolate and butter and stir in bean mixture, 1/4 c water, stir until nice and smooth. Gradually stir in sugar, knead with hands to get it well blended.


Spread into lightly buttered 9-inch baking dish or form into 1-1/2-inch rolls. Chill for one to two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment