Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. If you love down home country cooking then you'll find a home here. I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I do. I also have some great survivalist and camping recipes. Check them out. Please feel free to comment, and if you've tried a recipe, I'd love to hear how it turned out.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Country Fried Squash



INGREDIENTS:

6 pounds butternut squash - peeled,
seeded and sliced
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 pinch salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
1 pinch garlic salt
1 cup oil for frying

DIRECTIONS:

1. Combine egg and milk together in a small bowl, mix well.
2. In a second bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Dip squash slices first in the egg mixture, then dredge the squash in the dry mixture.
3. Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Fry squash until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment