Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. If you love down home country cooking then you'll find a home here. I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I do. I also have some great survivalist and camping recipes. Check them out. Please feel free to comment, and if you've tried a recipe, I'd love to hear how it turned out.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Fried Corn with Bacon



6 ears corn, husked and cleaned
 6 slices bacon
 1/2 large green bell pepper, chopped


Directions

Slice corn off of cob and scrape cob to release the milk. Set aside.
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
Crumble and set aside.
Retain 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease in the pan and fry pepper until just softened. Add the corn and cook until tender. Stir in the crumbled bacon and cook 1 minute more.

No comments:

Post a Comment