Welcome

Welcome to my recipe blog. If you love down home country cooking then you'll find a home here. I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I do. I also have some great survivalist and camping recipes. Check them out. Please feel free to comment, and if you've tried a recipe, I'd love to hear how it turned out.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

CINNAMON APPLE RINGS

24 whole cloves
3 med. cooking apples, unpeeled and cut into 1/2 inch rings
2 c. water
1 c. red cinnamon candies
1/2 c. sugar

Stick cloves into apple rings. Combine water and candies in a large skillet; bring to a boil, stirring until candies dissolve. Add apple rings; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, turning several times.
Remove apple rings from skillet. Add sugar to skillet and bring to a boil for 3 minutes. Pour syrup over apple rings, turning to glaze both sides. Cool slightly. Remove cloves before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment